Friendships through three decades revisited
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth s twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth's twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
This time the highlight of the visit was a trip to Dusseldorf, where the group were taken to the Regional Parliament.
And after the tour they got to learn something of the city's colourful history.
Tim Dumper said: "Through the friendships created, some have lasted a quarter of a century, we see places and have experiences that would be nigh on impossible for the holiday traveller."
Next year they celebrate the 25th anniversary of Exmouth's link with Langerwehe, and the Twinning Association will be planning an extra special visit for the Germans.
Tim added: "To keep ourselves and our twinning links fresh, we are always looking for new members - families, couples and individuals willing and able to accommodate guests on a two yearly basis.
- 1 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 2 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
- 3 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 4 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 9 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 10 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
"For those who wish, we have a similar link with Dinan in Brittany."
For further information, please contact Chairman, Brian Bolt on: (01395) 270330.