Friendships through three decades revisited
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth s twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth's twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
This time the highlight of the visit was a trip to Dusseldorf, where the group were taken to the Regional Parliament.
And after the tour they got to learn something of the city's colourful history.
Tim Dumper said: "Through the friendships created, some have lasted a quarter of a century, we see places and have experiences that would be nigh on impossible for the holiday traveller."
You may also want to watch:
Next year they celebrate the 25th anniversary of Exmouth's link with Langerwehe, and the Twinning Association will be planning an extra special visit for the Germans.
Tim added: "To keep ourselves and our twinning links fresh, we are always looking for new members - families, couples and individuals willing and able to accommodate guests on a two yearly basis.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
"For those who wish, we have a similar link with Dinan in Brittany."
For further information, please contact Chairman, Brian Bolt on: (01395) 270330.