Friendships through three decades revisited
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth s twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth's twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
This time the highlight of the visit was a trip to Dusseldorf, where the group were taken to the Regional Parliament.
And after the tour they got to learn something of the city's colourful history.
Tim Dumper said: "Through the friendships created, some have lasted a quarter of a century, we see places and have experiences that would be nigh on impossible for the holiday traveller."
You may also want to watch:
Next year they celebrate the 25th anniversary of Exmouth's link with Langerwehe, and the Twinning Association will be planning an extra special visit for the Germans.
Tim added: "To keep ourselves and our twinning links fresh, we are always looking for new members - families, couples and individuals willing and able to accommodate guests on a two yearly basis.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
"For those who wish, we have a similar link with Dinan in Brittany."
For further information, please contact Chairman, Brian Bolt on: (01395) 270330.