Friendships through three decades revisited
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth s twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth's twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
This time the highlight of the visit was a trip to Dusseldorf, where the group were taken to the Regional Parliament.
And after the tour they got to learn something of the city's colourful history.
Tim Dumper said: "Through the friendships created, some have lasted a quarter of a century, we see places and have experiences that would be nigh on impossible for the holiday traveller."
Next year they celebrate the 25th anniversary of Exmouth's link with Langerwehe, and the Twinning Association will be planning an extra special visit for the Germans.
Tim added: "To keep ourselves and our twinning links fresh, we are always looking for new members - families, couples and individuals willing and able to accommodate guests on a two yearly basis.
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 4 Denley's wins top restaurant accolade at Asian Curry Awards
- 5 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 6 Theatre group returns with 9 to 5 musical magic
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 Support your local traders in late-night shopping event
- 9 Round-Britain paddleboarder to address Budleigh Probus Club
- 10 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
"For those who wish, we have a similar link with Dinan in Brittany."
For further information, please contact Chairman, Brian Bolt on: (01395) 270330.