Friendships through three decades revisited
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth s twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
MORE than 40 people recently made the latest trip to Exmouth's twin town Langerwehe, near Cologne in Germany.
This time the highlight of the visit was a trip to Dusseldorf, where the group were taken to the Regional Parliament.
And after the tour they got to learn something of the city's colourful history.
Tim Dumper said: "Through the friendships created, some have lasted a quarter of a century, we see places and have experiences that would be nigh on impossible for the holiday traveller."
You may also want to watch:
Next year they celebrate the 25th anniversary of Exmouth's link with Langerwehe, and the Twinning Association will be planning an extra special visit for the Germans.
Tim added: "To keep ourselves and our twinning links fresh, we are always looking for new members - families, couples and individuals willing and able to accommodate guests on a two yearly basis.
- 1 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 2 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 3 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 4 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 5 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 6 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 7 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 8 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
"For those who wish, we have a similar link with Dinan in Brittany."
For further information, please contact Chairman, Brian Bolt on: (01395) 270330.