New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- Credit: Exmouth Museum
Exmouth Museum has had a facelift with the repainting of its frontage and a sign bearing its new name - The Exmouth Museum & Heritage Centre.
The rebranding reflects the growing interest by townspeople in their heritage and in researching their family's history.
The Society of Exmouth Museum is now appealing for support from local residents, through donations to the museum’s upkeep or volunteering.
Spokesman Mike Menhenitt said: “We always need volunteers for all sorts of things from stewarding to maintenance.
“Even if you can only spare an hour or two we would still love to hear from you.”
Financial supporters can now contribute regularly via a bank standing order; for more details visit www.exmouthmuseum.co.uk, pick up a leaflet from reception, or email email@example.com
The museum is now fully open after its redecoration from Monday to Saturday 10am – 4pm, closed on Fridays and Sundays.
- 1 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 2 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 3 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 4 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 5 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 6 Success for cadets teams in rowing and powerboat contest
- 7 Falklands War anniversary service in Exmouth
- 8 Exmouth prepares to welcome South West in Bloom judges
- 9 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
- 10 Ofwat launch enforcement case against South West Water
It will have a stand at the Exmouth Festival between Friday June 3 and Sunday 5, with the chance to enter the Jubilee raffle with prizes including £100 cash.