Free tree scheme launched
HE town hall are once again running their Free Tree Scheme for Exmouth residents.
THE town hall are once again running their Free Tree Scheme for Exmouth residents.
The Town Council has set a budget of �200 so it will be on a first come, first served basis.
Clerk John Wokersien said: “Broad leaved trees will be supplied; Silver Birch, Wild Cherry, Quickthorn, Common Oak, Rowan, Field Maple and Hazel. Support stakes and rabbit guards will also be available if required.
“It is a fantastic opportunity to plant trees to be allowed to grow to full height to help offset our own carbon footprints.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in applying, please collect an application form from Exmouth Town Council, Town Hall, St Andrews Road, Exmouth or download via the website www.exmouth.gov.uk. Your completed application form needs to be received at the Town Hall no later than Monday January 17 2011.
Trees will be distributed on Friday February 18 2011.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
Note; the trees are saplings.