Free sports equipment for tots
ORGANISERS of a scheme encouraging children to exercise have warned that unless nurseries and playgroups act quickly, Exmouth s under fives could miss out on free sports equipment.
ORGANISERS of a scheme encouraging children to exercise have warned that unless nurseries and playgroups act quickly, Exmouth's under fives could miss out on free sports equipment.
Early years groups have only a few weeks left to register for the Haven Fun and Fitness run by the parent company of Devon Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay.
The equipment, which is worth up �250 depending on the size of the pre-school includes balls, soft-foam flyers, bean bags, a large floor parachute, hoops and a soft foam throw set.
To take part all the pre-school groups have to do is register via the website and invite parents to show their support for their child's nursery or playgroup by going onto the same website and leaving a message.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Haven Fun & Fitness said: " There has been quite good take-up in Exmouth and Devon generally but there are still many playgroups and nurseries in the Exmouth area which have not registered, so they could easily miss out on the free equipment unless they act quickly to register for the scheme."
Pre-school groups will receive the equipment once 70 per cent of the parents have registered on the website.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 6 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 7 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 8 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 9 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues
If all the parents log on they will be entitled to a bonus item such as a deluxe foldaway goal, mini-trampoline or parachute game accessory kit - all perfect for little ones to enjoy and get exercise at the same time.
The scheme is being spearheaded by two of Britain's top young gymnasts Francesca Jones and Keziah Gore.
The spokesman added: "Haven Fun & Fitness has been endorsed by the Pre-School Learning Alliance and there is no catch to it.
"If any nursery or pre-school is having trouble registering or does not have access to a computer, perhaps one of the parents could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help them.