Free financial advice for health care in Exmouth
A FINANCIAL adviser from Exmouth is offering people guidance on how to pay elderly health care fees. Fiona Cameron Jones is offering long term care heath, wealth checks, every Friday morning in the town. She said: Many of my more elderly clients, and ind
A FINANCIAL adviser from Exmouth is offering people guidance on how to pay elderly health care fees.
Fiona Cameron Jones is offering long term care heath, wealth checks, every Friday morning in the town.
She said: "Many of my more elderly clients, and indeed their families, are worried about financial matters, but a growing theme is how to face the potential issue of paying for care."
It is estimated that in the past decade, more than 70,000 people have been forced to sell their homes to pay health care fees in their old age.
Anyone who requires care in a home and has assets worth in excess of �23,000, which can include property, has to pay care in full.
Fiona added: "People need to know about the means and non means tested benefits to which they are entitled, as well as making sensible plans for the future to help fund care costs."
- 1 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 2 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 3 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 4 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 5 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
- 7 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
- 8 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 9 New book about royal celebrations of the past
- 10 M5 all lanes now reopened.
For more information about the health, wealth checks, call Fiona on 07923 449985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.