Free entertainment while you shop
A NUMBER of entertainment events will take place in Exmouth s Magnolia Centre to attract more shoppers during the summer months.
A NUMBER of entertainment events will take place in Exmouth's Magnolia Centre to attract more shoppers during the summer months.
Retailers from in an around the centre have worked in conjunction with the town management partnership to deliver a range of attractions to be held on four Saturday afternoons this month.
An African drumming workshop will take place on Saturday, August 8, between 1pm and 3pm. Children will be able to learn circus skills on August 15, between 1pm and 3pm, and traditional jazz music can be seen from 1pm until 2pm on August 22.
The final attraction of the month will see a four-piece classical ensemble perform on Saturday, August 29, between 1pm and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The idea for the events was devised by David Freer, store manager at Boots, who set up a retailers' group more than a year ago. Mr Freer said: "The idea is that we all get together and add a little extra interest and value to our shoppers on special days throughout August. With the entertainment and the special offers and incentives being given by participating shops, we hope locals and visitors will spend more time in the town centre."
Town manager Tony Collins said: "This is about keeping the message strong to keep supporting our local shops.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane