Free entertainment while you shop
A NUMBER of entertainment events will take place in Exmouth s Magnolia Centre to attract more shoppers during the summer months.
A NUMBER of entertainment events will take place in Exmouth's Magnolia Centre to attract more shoppers during the summer months.
Retailers from in an around the centre have worked in conjunction with the town management partnership to deliver a range of attractions to be held on four Saturday afternoons this month.
An African drumming workshop will take place on Saturday, August 8, between 1pm and 3pm. Children will be able to learn circus skills on August 15, between 1pm and 3pm, and traditional jazz music can be seen from 1pm until 2pm on August 22.
The final attraction of the month will see a four-piece classical ensemble perform on Saturday, August 29, between 1pm and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The idea for the events was devised by David Freer, store manager at Boots, who set up a retailers' group more than a year ago. Mr Freer said: "The idea is that we all get together and add a little extra interest and value to our shoppers on special days throughout August. With the entertainment and the special offers and incentives being given by participating shops, we hope locals and visitors will spend more time in the town centre."
Town manager Tony Collins said: "This is about keeping the message strong to keep supporting our local shops.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year