Free dance sessions for Lympstone youngsters
Leisure East Devon is offering youngsters from Lympstone, aged from seven to 16, to learn and conquer moves from modern, contemporary and street forms of dance
ENERGETIC youngsters from Lympstone can take part in dance sessions on a weekly basis for free.
The sessions form part of a programme, called Active Villages, delivered by Leisure East Devon. The initiative enables children, aged from seven to 16, to learn and conquer moves from modern, contemporary and street forms of dance.
Mike Anderton, from LED, said the programme would end with children showcasing their talents to parents in a grand-finale show.
He said: “We have teamed up with Lympstone Youth Club to offer children the chance to experience an activity that they probably wouldn’t normally get the chance to take part within.”
Children see programmes such as Britain’s Got Talent and dream that one day it could be them on stage, so I believe it’s important to give children the confidence and encouragement to showcase their talents.”
Sessions will take place on a Saturday morning 9am – 11am, for nine consecutive weeks culminating in a showcase show on the evening of the 27th November. Information regarding tickets can be obtained from Lympstone Youth Club.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 5 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 6 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice