Free climate change lecture
A FREE lecture on global warming entitled We ve got it what should we do with it? is being held at Exmouth Community College in the New Year.
A FREE lecture on global warming entitled 'We've got it what should we do with it?' is being held at Exmouth Community College in the New Year.
The lecture, on January 14, is presented by the Exmouth Visitor Centre Trust and conducted by well known local ornithologist, Rod Lawrence.
Mr Lawrence said that despite the furore of Copenhagen and the failure to reach a legally binding accord, man-made pollution was still a real enemy and could pose a serious threat to the world recognised Jurassic Coastline.
He said: "We enjoy, probably, the greatest area of bio-diversity in the whole British Isles. "The presentations by the Exmouth Visitor Centre Trust continue the celebration of our unique world heritage site and also a confrontation of the problems that face our world from climate change and human population growth.
You may also want to watch:
"The changes which took place creating the different geological periods that we see along the Jurassic Coast were caused, at least in part, by massive climate change.
"These examples make our area the world's best classroom in which to provide an understanding of how climate change works."
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Ban and fine for speeding
- 10 From Siberia to Exmouth, here come the geese
The presentation will be at the Exmouth Community College on January 14 from 7.30pm and is free to all.