Former mayor Pat honoured by flower boat
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth in Bloom’s latest flower-filled boat has been named after one of the town’s former mayors.
Pat Graham, who called time on her career as a town and district councillor six months ago, has been immortalised with one of the charity’s floral display boats.
The project to fill the boat and have it placed in a prominent location took months of hard work, as well as negotiations with Devon County Council.
The former mayor, who is still part of Exmouth in Bloom, officially named the vessel, which will be near the town’s railway station in Imperial Way.
She was joined at the ceremony by fellow Exmouth in Bloom volunteers, current mayor Jeff Trail and town crier Roger Bourgein.
You may also want to watch:
Long-standing volunteer Maggie Webb also presented Pat with a bouquet of home-grown flowers.
Pat said the boat would always be ‘filled with flowers and bring joy to everyone arriving into the town’.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style