Former mayor Pat honoured by flower boat
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth in Bloom’s latest flower-filled boat has been named after one of the town’s former mayors.
Pat Graham, who called time on her career as a town and district councillor six months ago, has been immortalised with one of the charity’s floral display boats.
The project to fill the boat and have it placed in a prominent location took months of hard work, as well as negotiations with Devon County Council.
The former mayor, who is still part of Exmouth in Bloom, officially named the vessel, which will be near the town’s railway station in Imperial Way.
She was joined at the ceremony by fellow Exmouth in Bloom volunteers, current mayor Jeff Trail and town crier Roger Bourgein.
You may also want to watch:
Long-standing volunteer Maggie Webb also presented Pat with a bouquet of home-grown flowers.
Pat said the boat would always be ‘filled with flowers and bring joy to everyone arriving into the town’.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 7 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 8 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 9 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands