Former cop turns to politics
A FORMER Exmouth detective is turning his hand to politics - and running for the European Parliament this summer. So far there are 37 candidates who have registered to vie for seven seats representing the Southwest - including East Devon - and Gibraltar
A FORMER Exmouth detective is turning his hand to politics - and running for the European Parliament this summer.
So far there are 37 candidates who have registered to vie for seven seats representing the Southwest - including East Devon - and Gibraltar in elections between June 4 and 7.
And Trevor Colman, who served in traffic and CID in Exmouth from1965 to 1969, is standing for the United Kingdom Independence Party.
He was Deputy Senior Investigating Officer on the Ivy Batten murder in East Devon in 1997/98 and helped to successfully secure a conviction - and for five years (1994-99), Trevor was script advisor to the popular TV series 'Wycliffe'.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor has stood as a UKIP candidate in European Election (2004), in General Election (2005) and local elections (2006). He is currently a UKIP MEP for the South West of England and the lead candidate for UKIP in the 2009 European Elections in the South West.
The candidates so far are drawn from seven parties and are: Green - Ricky Knight, Roger Creagh-Osbourne, Molly Scott Cato, Richard Lawson, Chloe Somers and David Taylor.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 8 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 9 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Labour - Glyn Ford MEP, Isabel Owen, Keir Dhillon, Dorothea Hodge, Dafydd Emlyn Williams and Esther Pickup-Keller.
UKIP - Trevor Colman MEP, William, Earl of Dartmouth, Gawain Towler, Dr Julia Reid, Alan Wood and Stephanie McWilliams.
Conservative - Giles Chichester MEP, Julie Girling, Ashley Fox, Mike Dolley, Don Collier and Zehra Zaidi.
Lib Dems- Graham Watson MEP, Kay Barnard, Justine McGuinness, Humphrey Temperley, Paul Massey and Jeremy Wilcock.
BNP - Jeremy Wotherspoon, Barry Bennett, Adrian Rommilly, Sean Twitchin, Lawrence West, and Peryn Parsons.
English Democrats - Harry Barstow.
The elections coincide with the County Council elections on June 4.