Former cop turns to politics
A FORMER Exmouth detective is turning his hand to politics - and running for the European Parliament this summer. So far there are 37 candidates who have registered to vie for seven seats representing the Southwest - including East Devon - and Gibraltar
A FORMER Exmouth detective is turning his hand to politics - and running for the European Parliament this summer.
So far there are 37 candidates who have registered to vie for seven seats representing the Southwest - including East Devon - and Gibraltar in elections between June 4 and 7.
And Trevor Colman, who served in traffic and CID in Exmouth from1965 to 1969, is standing for the United Kingdom Independence Party.
He was Deputy Senior Investigating Officer on the Ivy Batten murder in East Devon in 1997/98 and helped to successfully secure a conviction - and for five years (1994-99), Trevor was script advisor to the popular TV series 'Wycliffe'.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor has stood as a UKIP candidate in European Election (2004), in General Election (2005) and local elections (2006). He is currently a UKIP MEP for the South West of England and the lead candidate for UKIP in the 2009 European Elections in the South West.
The candidates so far are drawn from seven parties and are: Green - Ricky Knight, Roger Creagh-Osbourne, Molly Scott Cato, Richard Lawson, Chloe Somers and David Taylor.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 9 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
Labour - Glyn Ford MEP, Isabel Owen, Keir Dhillon, Dorothea Hodge, Dafydd Emlyn Williams and Esther Pickup-Keller.
UKIP - Trevor Colman MEP, William, Earl of Dartmouth, Gawain Towler, Dr Julia Reid, Alan Wood and Stephanie McWilliams.
Conservative - Giles Chichester MEP, Julie Girling, Ashley Fox, Mike Dolley, Don Collier and Zehra Zaidi.
Lib Dems- Graham Watson MEP, Kay Barnard, Justine McGuinness, Humphrey Temperley, Paul Massey and Jeremy Wilcock.
BNP - Jeremy Wotherspoon, Barry Bennett, Adrian Rommilly, Sean Twitchin, Lawrence West, and Peryn Parsons.
English Democrats - Harry Barstow.
The elections coincide with the County Council elections on June 4.