Food festival to return earlier than planned
PUBLISHED: 07:54 19 November 2013
The Budleigh Salterton Food and Drink Festival will be returning to the town next year, organisers have confirmed.
The event, held for the first time this year, had been due to return in 2015, but following the success of the inaugural event, organisers Budleigh in Business said they were looking at bringing it forward.
They have now confirmed that the event, part of the Budleigh ‘Buy Local’ campaign, will return to the Public Hall in 2014, between October 24 and October 26.
Budleigh in Business chairman Angela Yarwood said: “Following the unprecedented success of this year’s festival, the decision was a no brainer.
Event organiser Simon Blissett said one of the great successes of the event was how many people had been brought into the town centre, with his business Premier Café seeing increased footfall, despite goujon and chips being served at the Public Hall, and other town centre traders receiving the same benefits.
He said: “Like all new events, some things worked very well and some things have room for improvement.
“As a group, Budleigh in Business is very self critical and has focused on these areas for improvement in order to create an even better festival for 2014.
“I think we have a good mix and it would be foolish to try and reinvent the wheel.”
Angela added: “It is hoped that there will be more festival activities in High Street next year and that more of the town’s retailers will get involved.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.