Fond memories of holidays
How sad I was to see the article about the demolition of Exmouth swimming pool. I have so many memories of that place from the early 1960s.
How sad I was to see the article about the demolition of Exmouth swimming pool.
I have so many memories of that place from the early 1960s. I used to come to Exmouth from Exeter in my summer holidays with my parents.
The memories are still very strong, eating cockles with a wooden pin, the pub on the seafront (can't think of the name, Deers Leap, or something like that), and excellent fish and chips at a place where you could sit upstairs and see the town through the windows.
Lovely memories. I may come back one day for a look see.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
3390 Hundested, Denmark.