Fond memories of holidays
How sad I was to see the article about the demolition of Exmouth swimming pool. I have so many memories of that place from the early 1960s.
How sad I was to see the article about the demolition of Exmouth swimming pool.
I have so many memories of that place from the early 1960s. I used to come to Exmouth from Exeter in my summer holidays with my parents.
The memories are still very strong, eating cockles with a wooden pin, the pub on the seafront (can't think of the name, Deers Leap, or something like that), and excellent fish and chips at a place where you could sit upstairs and see the town through the windows.
Lovely memories. I may come back one day for a look see.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 3 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 4 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 5 Exmouth youngsters take part in beach clean
- 6 Volunteer appeal as charity shops prepares for incoming donations
- 7 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 10 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
3390 Hundested, Denmark.