Fond memories of holidays
How sad I was to see the article about the demolition of Exmouth swimming pool. I have so many memories of that place from the early 1960s.
How sad I was to see the article about the demolition of Exmouth swimming pool.
I have so many memories of that place from the early 1960s. I used to come to Exmouth from Exeter in my summer holidays with my parents.
The memories are still very strong, eating cockles with a wooden pin, the pub on the seafront (can't think of the name, Deers Leap, or something like that), and excellent fish and chips at a place where you could sit upstairs and see the town through the windows.
Lovely memories. I may come back one day for a look see.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 10 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
3390 Hundested, Denmark.