Fly-tippers are rarely prosecuted
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon s article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon's article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
It is a no-no not condoned by anyone in service circles and, knowing this, the words of Kipling a century ago seem apt. "It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and throw him out the brute. But it's hero of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
And, regrettably, it was ever thus!
T G Oliver BEM, MSM,
You may also want to watch:
(Royal Marines Ret'd),
Sunnyside, Raddenstile Lane, Exmouth
- 1 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 2 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 The business awards are back, with a twist - blended event to uplift and celebrate Exmouth busines
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures