Fly-tippers are rarely prosecuted
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon s article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon's article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
It is a no-no not condoned by anyone in service circles and, knowing this, the words of Kipling a century ago seem apt. "It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and throw him out the brute. But it's hero of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
And, regrettably, it was ever thus!
T G Oliver BEM, MSM,
You may also want to watch:
(Royal Marines Ret'd),
Sunnyside, Raddenstile Lane, Exmouth
- 1 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 4 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years