Fly-tippers are rarely prosecuted
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon s article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon's article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
It is a no-no not condoned by anyone in service circles and, knowing this, the words of Kipling a century ago seem apt. "It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and throw him out the brute. But it's hero of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
And, regrettably, it was ever thus!
T G Oliver BEM, MSM,
You may also want to watch:
(Royal Marines Ret'd),
Sunnyside, Raddenstile Lane, Exmouth
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year