Fly-tippers are rarely prosecuted
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon s article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
I READ?your article regarding MOD rubbish on the common. While agreeing that reporter Becca Gliddon's article has a point, fly-tipping by anyone on Woodbury Common is a felony rarely enforced.
It is a no-no not condoned by anyone in service circles and, knowing this, the words of Kipling a century ago seem apt. "It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and throw him out the brute. But it's hero of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
And, regrettably, it was ever thus!
T G Oliver BEM, MSM,
You may also want to watch:
(Royal Marines Ret'd),
Sunnyside, Raddenstile Lane, Exmouth
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 9 Budleigh Colts reach the Devon final
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open