Flu jabs on offer in Exmouth
Boots, in the Magnolia Centre, is the only Exmouth pharmacy to be offering the winter flu jab this year. Vaccinations are limited to 300 and the scheme is already gaining steady interest ahead of next weeks launch, on Tuesday October 2.
Boots, in the Magnolia Centre, is offering the vaccinations over the next a five weeks – but the shots are limited to just 300 so Boots manager David Freer is urging those in need to book early.
The vaccinations are �12 each, available to anyone over the age of 16, providing a six-point questionnaire is met.
Mr Freer said residents from Budleigh Salterton and Topsham had already contacted the store expressing an interest in the jabs.
He said: “From a customer service point of view it’s absolutely brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“We had one lady in her 80s ask, and when I pointed out she could get it free from her surgery, she said she’d rather get it from Boots.
“The reason was, by the time she had got a taxi to her surgery it would cost her �10, if it had to wait that would go up to �20.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
“She said coming to Boots would save her a lot of money.”
Boots has been accredited by the Devon Primary Care Trust to provide the flu jabs – which also protect against swine flu.
The only other available places people can receive the vaccination is at doctors’ surgeries.