Flog it! comes to Exmouth
The district council has released plans for parking when the BBC Two TV programme Flog It! comes to Exmouth next month.
Parking advice for when BBC Two’s Flog It programme comes to Exmouth has been issued by the district council.
The valuation day is being held on Wednesday May 4 at Exmouth Pavilion, where scores of people are expected to queue with their antiques.
East Devon District Council has revealed the car park opposite the venue will be reserved for the TV crew parking on the day.
Short-term parking will be available for visitors on the seafront, while longer stays are possible at the Queen’s Drive and Queen’s Echelon public car parks.
Flog It! will be at Exmouth Pavilion, The Esplanade, from 9.30am until 4pm.
The auction will take place at Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood, Okehampton Street, Exeter, on Wednesday June 1.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 5 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 6 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
- 10 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
Admission to the Valuation Day is free, and everyone who goes along will receive a valuation – even if their antiques are not chosen to go forward for auction.
A district council spokesman said: “Rather like a treasure hunt, members of the public are invited to bring along the antiques and collectables they might be interested in selling. Once valued, the owner and team of experts decide whether it should go forward for auction. If the item is chosen to be filmed, it is sold a few weeks later – often with the owner making a tidy sum.”
Flog It, presented by Paul Martin, regularly gets an audience of two million viewers each weekday.
You can find out more at: www.bbc.co.uk/flogit