Revealed – the five most expensive model trains being auctioned in Exmouth next month
PUBLISHED: 12:00 17 August 2019
Five lots set to go under the hammer as part of a haul of model trains could fetch more than £800 combined.
More than 300 trains - some untouched and in their original box - will be sold at Piers Motley Auctions next month.
For those going to the auction on Monday, September 9, here is a list of five lots expected to go for the most money:
- OO gauge Wrenn W2267A 'Lamport & Holt 35026 - guide price £200-£300
- HO gauge Rivarossi 1575 'Big Boy' Union Pacific No 4007 - guide price £100-£150
- HO gauge Rivarossi 1580 Hudson F-7 '100' - guide price £100-£140
- OO gauge R077-A4 Class 'Mallard' 4468 - guide price £100-£140
- OO gauge Hornby R2926 West Country Class Locomotive 'Bladford Forum' - guide prince £50-£80.
Also going under the hammer will be die-cast model coaches, antiquitous books and old whiskey bottles.
The online catalogue is available on the Piers Motley website
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.