Firefighters tackle sofa blaze at Exmouth home

PUBLISHED: 10:27 01 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:27 01 April 2018

Archant

A man suffered smoke inhalation after a sofa caught on fire at an Exmouth home.

The incident happened at 1.18am this morning at a property in Cranford Avenue.

Firefighters from Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Middlemoor rushed to the scene.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The first crew were able to enter the building using breathing apparatus and a hose reel and found a sofa that had caught fire.

“They extinguished it and brought it outside to ventilate the property.

“One male suffering smoke inhalation was left in the care of the ambulance service.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal