Firefighters called to seafront hotel fire and more news
Exmouth firefighters were called to a seafront hotel on Friday night after a fire broke out in an en-suite bathroom. Read this and more.
FREE HEALTH CHECKS: Age Concern Exmouth has teamed up with Rowlands Pharmacy to hold health checks at the charity’s HQ for the over 50s next Wednesday, November 16.
The ‘healthy living event’ is from 2pm to 4pm at Landon House Day Centre, New North Road, Exmouth. Rowlands Pharmacy is offering free blood pressure checks, a diabetes risk assessment, a body composition weight check and general healthy living advice. There is a free raffle and Rowlands freebies.
So why not go for a healthy lunch and stay for the event? The fixed menu costs just �5. Please book in advance by calling (01395) 275408.
You may also want to watch:
HOTEL FIRE: Exmouth firefighters were called to a seafront hotel on Friday night after a fire broke out in an en-suite bathroom.
Crew from Exmouth and Exeter arrived at the Imperial Hotel at around 10.30pm and found a small fire involving an extractor fan in a bedroom’s en-suite bathroom.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 7 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 8 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said fire crew wore breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze. “The bathroom was 20 per cent damaged by fire, heat and smoke and the remainder of the bedroom was damaged by smoke,” said the spokesperson.