Firefighters called to seafront hotel fire and more news
Exmouth firefighters were called to a seafront hotel on Friday night after a fire broke out in an en-suite bathroom. Read this and more.
FREE HEALTH CHECKS: Age Concern Exmouth has teamed up with Rowlands Pharmacy to hold health checks at the charity’s HQ for the over 50s next Wednesday, November 16.
The ‘healthy living event’ is from 2pm to 4pm at Landon House Day Centre, New North Road, Exmouth. Rowlands Pharmacy is offering free blood pressure checks, a diabetes risk assessment, a body composition weight check and general healthy living advice. There is a free raffle and Rowlands freebies.
So why not go for a healthy lunch and stay for the event? The fixed menu costs just �5. Please book in advance by calling (01395) 275408.
HOTEL FIRE: Exmouth firefighters were called to a seafront hotel on Friday night after a fire broke out in an en-suite bathroom.
Crew from Exmouth and Exeter arrived at the Imperial Hotel at around 10.30pm and found a small fire involving an extractor fan in a bedroom’s en-suite bathroom.
- 1 Devon County Council launch consultation for residents parking in Exmouth
- 2 Teenager tangled in buoy on River Exe
- 3 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 4 For all our problems, we are in a far better position than most
- 5 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
- 6 Local history: St John in the Wilderness Church
- 7 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 8 Somerset author giving book signing in Exmouth
- 9 New garden at Budleigh Library
- 10 Charities picking up the pieces
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said fire crew wore breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze. “The bathroom was 20 per cent damaged by fire, heat and smoke and the remainder of the bedroom was damaged by smoke,” said the spokesperson.