Firefighter tackle Lympstone blaze and more news
A Lympstone home has been left damaged after a fireplace lintel caught alight. Read this and more news.
FOOD AWARD: The A la Ronde Tea Room is celebrating after winning a silver award in this year’s Taste of the West competition.
The eatery received the prize in the caf�/tea room section of the awards, which are given to caterers throughout the South West.
A la Ronde’s Paul Broom said: “This is a recognition for the high standards we have achieved using local, seasonal food.”
You may also want to watch:
VILLAGE FIRE: A Lympstone home has been left damaged after a fireplace lintel caught alight.
An appliance from Exmouth Fire Station went to the scene, following reports of a chimney fire, and extinguished the blaze using chimney gear, a thermal imaging camera and small tools.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
The lintel was severely damaged. The fire caused smoke damage to the surrounding room.
CHARITY FAIR: Withycombe churches are holding their annual charity fair.
It takes place at St John the Evangelist Church Hall on Saturday, November 19, from 10am to 2.30pm.
The fair will feature a variety of stalls, including books, toys, preserves, cakes, toiletries and white elephant, as well as a grand draw for a luxury hamper, light refreshments, and entertainment from Withycombe Primary School pupils.
Admission is free, and money raised will go towards the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, Exmouth and Lympstone Hospiscare, ShelterBox, Open Door Centre and Wambli Ska Win Vision.