Fire service called to fire in apartment building

PUBLISHED: 09:34 25 April 2014 | UPDATED: 09:36 25 April 2014

Archant

Fire crews have been called out to a washing machine on fire in a domestic property in Exmouth.

The incident happened at a terraced building of residential flats in Morton Crescent, yesterday at 12.59pm.

Two crews from Exmouth Fire Station attended. On arrival they found that the owner of the property had extinguished the fire, in a third floor kitchen, with a dry powder extinguisher.

Crews made the property safe. The cause of the fire was said to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal