Fire: pensioner treated by paramedics

PUBLISHED: 12:34 26 November 2013 | UPDATED: 12:34 26 November 2013

Archant

An elderly woman suffered smoke inhalation after a small fire broke out in her kitchen.

A pensioner was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics after a small fire broke out in her home in Brixington.

The fire crew was called to sheltered accommodation in Churchill Road on Monday evening after receiving a report of an alarm sounding.

An elderly woman was led to safety and treated by ambulance crew.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “After gaining access to the bungalow the crew requested an ambulance as the elderly female occupant had smoke inhalation due to a small fire in the oven.”

The fire crew extinguished the fire and used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the property


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal