Fire crews called to kitchen fire in Exmouth

PUBLISHED: 09:47 29 August 2017 | UPDATED: 09:47 29 August 2017

Archant

Fire crews were called out in the early hours of Tuesday, August 29, to a commercial kitchen fire in Exmouth.

Initially one fire appliance from Exmouth Fire Station was sent to the incident in Imperial Road at 4.52am, due to reports of a smell of burning.

Having arrived and carries out investigations, firefighters confirmed a strong burning smell and requested a second appliance to attend, also from Exmouth Fire Station.

Firefighters entered the property with a thermal imaging camera, two hose reel jets and two sets of breathing apparatus, and discovered a fire within the kitchen area involving a bin.

The fire was extinguished and the bin was removed to the open.

Firefighters then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal