Fire crews called out to Topsham kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 11:14 25 May 2017 | UPDATED: 11:14 25 May 2017

Archant

Fire crews were called out today (Thursday, May 25) to reports of a kitchen fire in Topsham.

Appliances responded to reports of a fire at a property in Fore Street at around 9.45am.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The incident involved a small fire in a first floor kitchen flat of a domestic and commercial building.

“The fire was confined to items ignited on top of a cooker. Smoke damage was caused to the kitchen area.

“Two breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet were used to extinguish the fire. A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to ventilate the property.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal