Fire crews called out to Budleigh Salterton bedroom fire

PUBLISHED: 09:32 13 November 2015 | UPDATED: 09:32 13 November 2015

Archant

Fire crews were called out on Thursday, November 12, to a fire involving an electric blanket in a property in Long Copp.

Three appliances from Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth were mobilised and crews found a fire in a ground floor bedroom which also involved a bed.

Using a hose reel jet, a safety jet and a thermal imaging camera, the firefighters extinguished the fire which was caused accidentally.

One male was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by paramedics and fire crews.

Fire damage was caused to the electric blanket and the bed while the bedroom had partial smoke damage.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists