Fire crews attend Topsham gas leak

Firefighters disconnected a cooker at a Topsham home following reports of leaking gas.

Fire crews from Topsham and Exeter were called to a property in Altimira shortly before 1pm on Sunday.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire service were called to a smell of gas inside a property. charge.

“The crews disconnected the cooker and isolated the mains. They gave the occupier further advice.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter