Fire crews attend electrical fire after explosion

PUBLISHED: 10:40 23 December 2014 | UPDATED: 10:40 23 December 2014

The fire took place at about 12.30pm today in Clevedon.

The fire took place at about 12.30pm today in Clevedon.

Archant

Fire crews were called out this morning to an electrical fire in Exmouth.

Crews were called to Vernon Road at 7.23am by a concerned resident, who heard a loud bang and could see a flame coming from an underground service manhole.

One fire appliance from Exmouth Fire Station attended, and discovered that the force from an explosion had lifted the manhole cover of an electrical service duct on the pavement.

The fire was already out, and crews inspected the duct to ensure it was safe.

The incident was then handed over to a Western Power engineer.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists