Fire crew called out to Colaton Raleigh car fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire crew from Exmouth was called out to a car fire in Colaton Raleigh on Sunday afternoon.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service responded to reports of a car on fire in the village at around 1.25pm.
Fire crews confirmed that one car which had left the road and was in a ditch was ‘well alight’.
A fire service spokesman said: “Fire crews extinguished the vehicle using two breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet.
“The fire spread to an adjacent hedgerow. Diesel and oil from the vehicle had also entered the River Otter. The Environment Agency and the Police have been informed of this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire is still under investigation by the fire service.”
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club