Fire breaks out in Exmouth Tandori restaurant

PUBLISHED: 11:35 23 July 2008 | UPDATED: 09:21 10 June 2010

Wednesday, July 23: EXMOUTH firefighters were called to the Tandori restaurant in The Strand on Tuesday afternoon after a fire broke out in a ventilation duct.

EXMOUTH firefighters were called to the Tandori restaurant in The Strand on Tuesday afternoon after a fire broke out in a ventilation duct.

The fire crew arrived at the premises shortly after 5pm following reports smoke was coming from the back of the restaurant.

The fire crew had to break down the kitchen door to gain access and wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish the flames.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal