Fire breaks out in Budleigh Salterton kitchen
Firefighters extinguished a blaze involving an Aga in a Budleigh Salterton home on Sunday. The property and cooking range suffered heat and smoke damage
Firefighters extinguished a small fire which broke out in the kitchen of a Budleigh Salterton home on Sunday evening.
Fire crews from Budleigh and Exmouth were called to Castle Lane ahortly before 8pm after a fire involving an Aga broke out.
The fire crews used one hose reel jet to douse the flames and a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The incident involved a small fire in the ground floor kitchen of a large two-floor detached property involving the Aga which was damaged by fire heat and smoke.
You may also want to watch:
“The ground floor was also damaged by smoke.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence