Fire at Withycombe home

PUBLISHED: 12:21 11 March 2008 | UPDATED: 08:53 10 June 2010

TWO Withycombe residents were on Monday treated for smoke inhalation and shock by paramedics on Monday after a fire broke out at their Lovelace Crescent home.

TWO Withycombe residents were on Monday treated for smoke inhalation and shock by paramedics on Monday after a fire broke out at their Lovelace Crescent home.

Fire crews from Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Exeter were called to the property shortly before 4pm where they found a blaze involving an open fire had broken out in the ground floor living room.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to fight the fire, and a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property.

Some ten per cent of the end-of-terrace property was damaged by fire, and five per cent suffered smoke damage.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal