Fire at Topsham flat

A TOPSHAM man needed to be treated by paramedics after a flat fire at a property in the town.

A TOPSHAM man needed to be treated by paramedics after a flat fire at a property in the town.

The man was treated by ambulance staff but did not need to go to hospital after the incident at a ground floor flat at Globefields around 6.35am on Tuesday, July 20.

Two fire appliances from Topsham and one from Middlemoor attended.

The crews arrived to find 40 per cent of the flat filled by smoke. They rendered oxygen therapy to the casualty until paramedics arrived.


You may also want to watch:


A spokesperson for the fire authority said: “This was a fire involving a frying pan in the kitchen area of a ground floor flat.

“Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter