Fire at sheltered housing development in Budleigh Salterton

PUBLISHED: 12:04 07 July 2018 | UPDATED: 12:35 07 July 2018

The fire was caused by an electric kettle which had been left on the stove.

The fire was caused by an electric kettle which had been left on the stove.

Archant

Firefighters were called to a fire at sheltered accommodation in Budleigh Salterton last night (Friday).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called to the incident at Moorhaven retirement housing at 9pm.

The fire started when an electric kettle was left on the stove by accident and it had been put out by the time the crew from Exmouth arrived.

Firefighters made sure the disabled female occupant was unharmed before making sure the scene was safe and ventilating the property.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal