Fire at an Exmouth shop

PUBLISHED: 14:06 24 April 2015 | UPDATED: 15:49 24 April 2015

Archant

A man had to be treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation after a fire at Scarletts in The Strand, Exmouth.

Fire crews were called to reports of a fire inside the shop’s store room at around 12.40pm on Friday, April 24.

Two appliances from Exmouth and one from Danes Castle arrived at the scene and called an ambulance service for the injured man.

A rapid response vehicle was mobilised and the man was treated for his injury at the scene.

The fire fighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to put out the fire which was caused accidentally by an electrical fault.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal