Fingers ‘crossed’: Exmouth brewery on track
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth business is well on its way to bringing its full-flavoured beers to East Devon and Exeter.
Crossed Anchors Brewery has been running a rewards-based crowdfunding campaign that has attracted half of the funds required from 100 supporters in just three weeks.
Paddy O’Riordan and Ollie Bainbridge set up the business last year.
Until now, the beer has been brewed via a ‘cuckoo’ arrangement, with an existing brewery, but to keep growing, the plan now is to open a six-barrel brewery at Exmouth’s Grapevine pub. To do this, the business duo needs more money, and so they turned to reward-based crowdfunding as part of the solution.
The businesses plan is to purchase a 1,000 litre capacity brewery later this year. If successful, Crossed Anchors Brewery could serve 3,500 pints a week.
You may also want to watch:
Paddy, of Crossed Anchors Brewery, said the plan would bring jobs and more visitors to Exmouth.
He said: “As well as being able to supply growing demand, we firmly believe that creating a brewery, taproom and retail unit will quickly become an Exmouth town centre attraction, creating brewery tourism and employment.”
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
The campaign was originally launched at the Grapevine last month.
In its first six months, Crossed Anchors Brewery sold 15,000 pints in East Devon and Exeter.
Paddy and Ollie will be at various events in the coming days. On Thursday, April 21 (today), they will be at the Beer Cellar in Exeter, from 7pm, and then at the Grapevine on Sunday, April 24. The crowd-funding projects run until May 9. For more information, visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/crossed-anchors-brewery