Fete raises �2,700 for Exmouth Hospital
Crowds turned out in force to the 51st annual Exmouth Hospital fete, raising �2,700.
Organised by the League of Friends, the event is the hospital’s main fund-raiser of the year, and was held in the hospital grounds.
Visitors had the choice of dozens of stalls selling books, cakes, bric-a-brac and games, with the Exmouth Town Concert Band providing the music throughout the afternoon.
Once again, the Withycombe WI provided tea and cakes on the lawn, while Exe Trail Ices supplied ice creams.
John Tansley, of Exmouth Farmers Market, provided and erected the awnings at the fete.
You may also want to watch:
Rose Thatcher, honorary secretary of Exmouth Hospital League of Friends, said: “A big thank you goes to the residents of Exmouth who supported the event, as they have done for so many years.
“The League of Friends committee thanks all the hospital departments, local organisations and families, who contributed to the success of the event by giving up their time to run a stall.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
“A good time was had by all, and it didn’t rain!”
The money will go towards new equipment and community health services for numerous hospital departments.