Fears for site's future
THIS is a copy of a letter sent to Budleigh Salterton Town Council: While there are so many obvious aesthetic reasons for the proposed Longboat development not to go ahead, due consideration must be given to the wider, future implications.
THIS is a copy of a letter sent to Budleigh Salterton Town Council:
While there are so many obvious aesthetic reasons for the proposed Longboat development not to go ahead, due consideration must be given to the wider, future implications.
In spite of assurances to the contrary, I fear the present owners will be selling their business once permission has been granted and the scheme is under way.
So what would be the implications be for us and future generations?
Budleigh's Best Burgers on the Beach? We do not need another MacDonalds.
Consider the impact of the regular and overpowering smell of onions and burgers wafting over the town.
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Care at home company named top 20 in the SW
- 3 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 4 Lively conditions set the scene for Exmouth Regatta
- 5 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Local history: Lady Byron's links with Exmouth
- 8 Co-op raises 7K for local community
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
Will a takeaway food and drink license be granted to the new owners? If so, who will be paying for the additional clearing up?
Parking: Marine Parade and Coastguard Road are the main roads that will be severely compromised as they, of course, give easy access to the site and are already congested with visitors who refuse to pay to use the car park.
The police are powerless to prevent overnight camping in residential roads, not to mention the noise and the frequent ritual releasing of body fluids.
How much worse it will be when there is a licensed premises nearby.
Concerned Budleigh Resident,
(name and address withheld).