Family of four escape Exmouth kitchen blaze

TWO children aged nine and 13, and their parents, escaped unscathed after a home in Exmouth caught fire in the early hours of Friday morning.

TWO children aged nine and 13, and their parents, escaped unscathed after a home in Exmouth caught fire in the early hours of Friday morning.

Exmouth firefighters wore breathing apparatus when they tackled a blaze which tore through the kitchen of a home in Normandy Crescent, off Dinan Way.

The blaze, which the fire brigade said was accidental, began at around 5.30am and quickly engulfed the end-of-terrace house's kitchen, filling the home with thick smoke.

Smoke detectors in the property alerted the sleeping family, rousing them to safety.


You may also want to watch:


The fire crews used a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property.

The kitchen was severely damaged by the blaze, while the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus