Extra comfort for Budleigh film buffs
Budleigh Film Society members have praise the town council’s decision to spend �18,000 buying new chairs for the Public Hall. The members were ‘delighted’ at the comfort of the new chairs.
New chairs costing �18,000 bought by Budleigh Salterton Town Council for the Pubic Hall have won the approval of film buffs.
Budleigh’s Film Society members were ‘delighted’ to find the new chairs had been set out at the recent film show.
Club chairman Stuart Yerrell said: “The town council’s investment in the new chairs, which are lighter, wider, and much more comfortable, has greatly improved the attraction of the Public Hall for meetings and events.
“Now the membership will be able to concentrate on the films without being distracted by a loss of sensation in certain areas half-way through the show.
You may also want to watch:
“An amazing 77 per cent of the audience rated the last film as ‘excellent’, but whether this was due in any way to the improved seating is hard to say.
“Next year’s membership can look forward to a full season of comfort.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon