Exmouthians on honours list
Two Exmouth women have been honoured with MBE’s.
Two Exmouth women have been honoured with MBEs.
Janet Howitt, from Exmouth, has been rewarded with an OBE in recognition for her work with the visually impaired.
The grandmother, who is in her 70s, is a retired speech therapist and helped set up the Exeter Aphasia Self Help Group which helps stroke victims at the RD&E.
She is also a member of the Exmouth Talking Newspaper, which helps more than 100 people keep up with the news.
You may also want to watch:
Also mentioned in the honours list is Audrey Williams, from Exmouth.
She receives the OBE as chairman of the education and events committee of the Devon Gardens Trust based at Ottery St Mary.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police