Exmouth woman scoops lottery win
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling on top of the world after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery. Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week. The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesle
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling 'on top of the world' after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery.
Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week.
The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesley, 78, said the win was extra special because she had only been taking part in the game for eight weeks.
"It was such a lovely surprise to find out I had won. I'm not sure what I'll be spending the money on yet," she added.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like a new cooker but my husband thinks I should treat myself to something special.
"I feel on top of the world and have been walking around with a huge smile on my face."
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 6 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 7 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 8 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
The Hospiscare lottery raises more than �250,000 every year.
The charity, which covers Exeter, Mid and East Devon, cares for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes, providing specialist nursing care as well as emotional support.
The Hospiscare lottery is drawn every Friday and people can play for �1 a week for a chance to win one of 40 cash prizes with a top prize of �1000.
For more information contact 01392 688025 or visit the following website at www.hospiscare.co.uk