Exmouth woman scoops lottery win
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling on top of the world after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery. Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week. The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesle
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling 'on top of the world' after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery.
Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week.
The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesley, 78, said the win was extra special because she had only been taking part in the game for eight weeks.
"It was such a lovely surprise to find out I had won. I'm not sure what I'll be spending the money on yet," she added.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like a new cooker but my husband thinks I should treat myself to something special.
"I feel on top of the world and have been walking around with a huge smile on my face."
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style
The Hospiscare lottery raises more than �250,000 every year.
The charity, which covers Exeter, Mid and East Devon, cares for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes, providing specialist nursing care as well as emotional support.
The Hospiscare lottery is drawn every Friday and people can play for �1 a week for a chance to win one of 40 cash prizes with a top prize of �1000.
For more information contact 01392 688025 or visit the following website at www.hospiscare.co.uk