Exmouth woman scoops lottery win
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling on top of the world after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery. Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week. The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesle
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling 'on top of the world' after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery.
Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week.
The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesley, 78, said the win was extra special because she had only been taking part in the game for eight weeks.
"It was such a lovely surprise to find out I had won. I'm not sure what I'll be spending the money on yet," she added.
"I would like a new cooker but my husband thinks I should treat myself to something special.
"I feel on top of the world and have been walking around with a huge smile on my face."
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Denley's wins top restaurant accolade at Asian Curry Awards
- 4 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 5 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 6 Theatre group returns with 9 to 5 musical magic
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 Support your local traders in late-night shopping event
- 9 Round-Britain paddleboarder to address Budleigh Probus Club
- 10 East Devon football results
The Hospiscare lottery raises more than �250,000 every year.
The charity, which covers Exeter, Mid and East Devon, cares for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes, providing specialist nursing care as well as emotional support.
The Hospiscare lottery is drawn every Friday and people can play for �1 a week for a chance to win one of 40 cash prizes with a top prize of �1000.
For more information contact 01392 688025 or visit the following website at www.hospiscare.co.uk