Exmouth woman scoops lottery win
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling on top of the world after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery. Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week. The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesle
A DELIGHTED Exmouth woman said she is feeling 'on top of the world' after scooping the top prize in a charity lottery.
Vera Weaver, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, scooped �1000 in a Hospiscare lottery last week.
The 74-year-old, who cares for her husband Lesley, 78, said the win was extra special because she had only been taking part in the game for eight weeks.
"It was such a lovely surprise to find out I had won. I'm not sure what I'll be spending the money on yet," she added.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like a new cooker but my husband thinks I should treat myself to something special.
"I feel on top of the world and have been walking around with a huge smile on my face."
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 9 Budleigh Colts reach the Devon final
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
The Hospiscare lottery raises more than �250,000 every year.
The charity, which covers Exeter, Mid and East Devon, cares for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes, providing specialist nursing care as well as emotional support.
The Hospiscare lottery is drawn every Friday and people can play for �1 a week for a chance to win one of 40 cash prizes with a top prize of �1000.
For more information contact 01392 688025 or visit the following website at www.hospiscare.co.uk