Exmouth woman's charity hike
An Exmouth woman is gearing up for a charity hiking challenge in memory of her partner who died in April.
Louise Reid will, in the autumn, take part in the 13-mile Dartmoor Challenge to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care, in memory of David Cresswell, who died aged 46.
Louise, and David’s family, will set off from Widecombe-in-the-Moor on Sunday October 10.
She said: “We are looking forward to getting together again to explore areas of Dartmoor that are a bit more off the beaten track.
“We will get the greatest satisfaction from knowing that the money we raise will help Marie Curie Cancer Care to provide the wonderful care for others in Devon that they did for David.”
You may also want to watch:
Places to take part on the walk, although limited, are still available.
The entry fee is �10 per person and all participants are asked to raise a minimum of �50 which will help provide Marie Curie nursing care for terminally ill care patients to be cared for in the comfort of their own homes.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
For more information about this event, contact Michelle on (01884) 703535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org