Exmouth woman reveals shock of how her partner proposes
DUE to spend her last Valentines Day as an unmarried person, a loved-up Exmouth woman has been speaking about the shock of how her fianc� proposed.
Debra Sinclair, of Birch Road, was stunned when her partner, Simon Standbury, got down on one knee after the Christmas Day swim.
The 31-year-olc mechanic, after taking part in the swim, walked back onto the beach to meet Debra, bent down and revealed a message, with the words ‘will you marry me?’ written on his chest with a marker pen.
Simon also presented her with a glittering engagement ring.
The couple are due to marry in August next year – to coincide with their tenth anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
“I did not have a clue about what he was about to do. I was so shocked,” said Debra.
She joked: “He is not really a romantic kind of guy. Everybody thinks he is after what happened at the Christmas Day swim but that was probably the most romantic thing he’s ever done.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
“He had been talking about proposing to me since last November – so it was about time!”
Debra said the proposal drew a lot of attention from other people who were at the event.
“There were a lot of people who gathered and were taking pictures.”
The pair plan to marry at Withycombe Church.