Exmouth Wargames Club annual bash
IF you fancy flexing your megalomaniacal tendencies but feared a failed coup would lead to being hung up by your bootstraps, Exmouth Wargames Club s annual event may be for you.
IF you fancy flexing your megalomaniacal tendencies but feared a failed coup would lead to being hung up by your bootstraps, Exmouth Wargames Club's annual event may be for you.
An evening of table-top empire building and gloating at your stricken friends' tactical ineptitude is the theme for the evening at the annual Legionary Wargames event, at Exeter University on Saturday May 2.
Co-organised by the Exeter club, this event has become widely popular attracting hundreds of gamers of all ages in addition to well known traders from across the UK.
Legionary 09 will have a wide range of table top games being fought on land and sea, both demonstration and participation, from the Crusades and Napoleonic Wars through to the modern day and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the historical games, there will also be fantasy games that are hugely popular with younger gamers.
He said: "At first glance, war gaming may seem a rather odd and even 'un-PC' hobby. However, it is actually a different way of playing chess, the original tabletop war game.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
"But instead of black and white squares there are aesthetically pleasing hills, trees, rivers and buildings over which beautifully and painstakingly painted model figures wage war in a convivial atmosphere of friendly rivalry and competition.
"So if you fancy yourself as a modern day Napoleon, or if you are just curious to see what it is all about, and want a fun day out for all the family, come and have a look."
Doors open at 10am - 9.30am for Tournament players - on Saturday May 2 2009.
For more information go to: www.legionary-exeter.com.