Exmouth Wargames Club annual bash
IF you fancy flexing your megalomaniacal tendencies but feared a failed coup would lead to being hung up by your bootstraps, Exmouth Wargames Club s annual event may be for you.
IF you fancy flexing your megalomaniacal tendencies but feared a failed coup would lead to being hung up by your bootstraps, Exmouth Wargames Club's annual event may be for you.
An evening of table-top empire building and gloating at your stricken friends' tactical ineptitude is the theme for the evening at the annual Legionary Wargames event, at Exeter University on Saturday May 2.
Co-organised by the Exeter club, this event has become widely popular attracting hundreds of gamers of all ages in addition to well known traders from across the UK.
Legionary 09 will have a wide range of table top games being fought on land and sea, both demonstration and participation, from the Crusades and Napoleonic Wars through to the modern day and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the historical games, there will also be fantasy games that are hugely popular with younger gamers.
He said: "At first glance, war gaming may seem a rather odd and even 'un-PC' hobby. However, it is actually a different way of playing chess, the original tabletop war game.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
"But instead of black and white squares there are aesthetically pleasing hills, trees, rivers and buildings over which beautifully and painstakingly painted model figures wage war in a convivial atmosphere of friendly rivalry and competition.
"So if you fancy yourself as a modern day Napoleon, or if you are just curious to see what it is all about, and want a fun day out for all the family, come and have a look."
Doors open at 10am - 9.30am for Tournament players - on Saturday May 2 2009.
For more information go to: www.legionary-exeter.com.