Exmouth’s first ever vegan market attracts bumper crowds to Ocean
- Credit: Archant
Crowds descended onto Ocean on Saturday (November 2) to see what Exmouth’s first ever vegan market had to offer.
The event held at the seafront venue featured a range of stallholders selling products which have those on a vegan diet especially in mind.
While not exclusive to vegan traders, all products sold were free of animal products.
The event also featured stalls selling non-food items which are all eco-friendly..
This included a jewellery stall selling pieces made from reclaimed cutlery.
You may also want to watch:
A cooking demonstration by the staff at Sundowners, in The Strand, also featured.
Organisers Jessica Purchall and Dawn Andrews were 'blown away' with the number of people who turned up.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
Mrs Purchall said: "At one point, Ocean were concerned that we had reached full capacity for the building."
The organisers are now looking to arrange a follow-up event in the new year.
Mrs Purchall said: "We have been inundated with people asking when the next market will be.
"I think we will do one, I do want to do one."