Exmouth’s first ever vegan market attracts bumper crowds to Ocean
- Credit: Archant
Crowds descended onto Ocean on Saturday (November 2) to see what Exmouth’s first ever vegan market had to offer.
The event held at the seafront venue featured a range of stallholders selling products which have those on a vegan diet especially in mind.
While not exclusive to vegan traders, all products sold were free of animal products.
The event also featured stalls selling non-food items which are all eco-friendly..
This included a jewellery stall selling pieces made from reclaimed cutlery.
You may also want to watch:
A cooking demonstration by the staff at Sundowners, in The Strand, also featured.
Organisers Jessica Purchall and Dawn Andrews were 'blown away' with the number of people who turned up.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
Mrs Purchall said: "At one point, Ocean were concerned that we had reached full capacity for the building."
The organisers are now looking to arrange a follow-up event in the new year.
Mrs Purchall said: "We have been inundated with people asking when the next market will be.
"I think we will do one, I do want to do one."