Exmouth urged to join Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee morning
Macmillan cancer Support is urging people in the Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton area to take part in September’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
The charity hopes more than 1,000 coffee mornings will be held in Devon on Friday, September 30.
Kim Bloxham, secretary of one of the charity’s newest fundraising groups, based in Exmouth, said: “This is the 21st anniversary of the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and we’re determined to make it the best year yet.
“We look forward to holding our own event – which will be open to the public – and to mobilising others to host an event at school, at work or at home.”
Andrew Corrigan, events assistant from Topsham, said: “Macmillan’s ambition is huge – to reach everyone affected by cancer with its special brand of care and support – and it is part way through a �2.5million investment in new cancer care services in Devon.”
You may also want to watch:
To take part in the fund-raising coffee morning, and receive a free pack of promotional material, call 0845 602 1246.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way