Exmouth urged to back Christmas song
Exmouth is being asked to get behind a composer from Exmouth whose Christmas song will support nine different charities.
A professional composer with family in Exmouth is hoping the town will download his Christmas song, backing a charity appeal.
Last year, Leigh Haggerwood - whose mother Beverley Palmer and sister Kelly Haggerwood live in Trefusis Terrace - hit the headlines when his group The Florin Street Band, attempted to beat the X-Factor finalist to the Christmas number one.
The band’s festive hit, My Favourite Time of Year, has this year been chosen by ITV to be the theme music for a Christmas charity appeal, supporting nine causes.
Text Santa will run throughout December every year, hosted by Ant and Dec.
You may also want to watch:
The profits from this year’s UK downloads of the band’s song will be split equally between the nine Text Santa charities and Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust.
Composer Leigh said: “We always felt it would take time for the song to become established and the past year has proved it.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
“Since its original release in 2010, My Favourite Time of Year has touched people around the world and looks set to become a classic.”
The nine charities are: Carers UK, Crisis, Help the Hospices, Samaritans, WRVS, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, The Noah’s Ark Appeal, Helping Hand, and Yorkhill Children’s Foundation.
For more information go to www.florinstreet.com