Two-car fire in Exmouth extinguished after early morning ‘loud bang’
- Credit: Archant
A fire involving two cars in the early hours of Friday (March 6) morning was dealt with by two Exmouth fire crews.
Fire engines from Exmouth responded at shortly after 1am after a 'loud bang' and a fire was reported in Hawthorne Grove.
On arrival, the incident commander confirmed the fire involved two cars.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire caused severe damage to one vehicle and some damage to the side of the other.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called out to help identify the vehicle owners.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities