Tumble dryer fire tackled in Exmouth

PUBLISHED: 16:21 10 November 2018

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

Firefighters have had to stop a fire spreading in Exmouth.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called this afternoon (Saturday) to deal with the emergency incident.

A spokesman for the service said: “Two fire engines from Exmouth and Middlemoor were mobilised to reports of smoke coming from a garage at a property on Maple Drive.

“On arrival crews confirmed there was a fire within a tumble dryer.

“Crews got to work extinguishing the fire using one hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus and a safety jet.

“The fire was accidental and caused 30 per cent fire damage to the garage.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal