Tumble dryer fire tackled in Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have had to stop a fire spreading in Exmouth.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called this afternoon (Saturday) to deal with the emergency incident.
A spokesman for the service said: “Two fire engines from Exmouth and Middlemoor were mobilised to reports of smoke coming from a garage at a property on Maple Drive.
“On arrival crews confirmed there was a fire within a tumble dryer.
“Crews got to work extinguishing the fire using one hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus and a safety jet.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire was accidental and caused 30 per cent fire damage to the garage.”
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year