Exmouth trio raises £1,100 - but has sights set on bagging £6,000
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth trio have raised £1,100 ahead of their 874-mile round trip for charity.
Jason Wright, Darran Burt and Steve Noon will take nine days cycling from John O’Groats to Land’s End for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The group, which has set a target of raising £6,000, will set off on July 24.
Steve revealed the trio will be at Exmouth’s Magnolia Centre on Monday, May 9, and he is urging people to support them.
He said: “My father was diagnosed with cancer three years ago, so I know first-hand how it affects families.
You may also want to watch:
“We have raised £500 on our just giving page, and have around £600 pledged on sponsor forms and various collection tins at Darts Farm. The current total is £1,100.
“The training for the three of us has been gruelling, going out in the rain, hail and even the odd storm. The hardest part is fitting it all into our daily working lives, putting in 50 hours or more at work and then trying to motivate ourselves to carry on.”
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 8 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 9 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club
Steve said the group had a number of other events planned.
If you would like to donate, visit www.justgiving.com/exmjogle2016 or text EXMJ50 followed by your donation to 70070.